Employment/Working (Z Visa)
1. Basic requirement
All applicants must provide:
(1) Your actual & valid passport, with at least 12 months validity left before expiration and with more than one blank visa page.
(2) You must submit an Employment License of the People's Republic of China for Foreigners (Which should be obtained by the employer in China from provincial or municipal labor authorities) and an invitation issued by an authorized unit.
* To work on an academic and scientific research project, or to provide technical and economic assistance, you must submit a Foreign Specialist's License issued by the Chinese Foreign Specialist Bureau.
(3) One completed Visa Application Form with one additional passport photo (black and white or color is acceptable).
If the application form is not completely filled out, or it is not legible, this may cause a delay in processing or the denial of visa.
(4) According to the Health Quarantine Notice of China, foreigners staying or working in China for more than six month must also provide a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreigner (BG-14).
* A Physical Examination Certificate issued in Israel must be notarized by a local notary public, authenticated by the concerned officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. For more information, please read Instruction for Authentication.
2. Methods of Application and Processing Time
Walk-in service. Applicants may appear in person or designate representatives/travel agency to apply for a visa at the visa office of the Chinese Embassy.
It takes four (4) business days to process a visa. Applicant may request expedited processing. Rush/Express is available only with the approval of the consular official and additional rush service fees of NIS 150 for one working day, and NIS 100 for 2-3 working days will be charged.
The Chinese Embassy currently does not accept mail applications.
3. Visa Fee and Visa Validity
The Embassy does not accept personal checks. Please pay in cash.
The following visa fees are applicable to Israeli citizens
Number of Entry/ Validity/ Visa Fee (WALK-IN SERVICE)
Single/ 90 days/ NIS 100
* The holder of this type of visa is required by law to get residential registration within 30 days from the date of entry.
* Generally, a visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. To avoid delays in obtaining visas and unnecessary costs relating to rush service fees, please apply for your visa no earlier than three months and no later than thirty days before the planned date of departure to avoid expiration of the visa.
4. Any person suffering from mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other diseases shall not be allowed to enter China.
5. (1) The Validity of the Visa, Duration of Stay, and Number of Entries, are issued at the discretion of consular officers whose decisions are based strictly on the laws and regulations of the Chinese Government. (2) The consular officers have the authority to refuse any applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations. (3) The consular officers are entitled to change and/or revoke issued visas. The consular officers reserve the right to refuse any application and withhold disclosure of the reason.