Student Visa (X Visa)
1. Basic requirements
(1) Your actual & valid passport, with at least 12 months validity left before expiration and with more than one blank visa page.
(2) An approved JW201 or JW202 (Foreign Student Visa Application Form) issued by the Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, and an enrollment letter from the receiving university.
* For those who study in China for fewer than 12 months, not more than 180 days of stay (short term training), an "F" visa may be issued.
(3) According to the Health Quarantine Notice of China, foreigners staying or working in China for more than six month must also provide a Physical Examination Certificate for Foreigner.
* A Physical Examination Certificate issued in Israel must be notarized by a local notary public, authenticated by the concerned officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and further auhenticated by the Chinese Embassy. More information, please read Instruction for Authentication.
(4) One completed Visa Application Form (BG-01) with one additional passport photo (black & white or color is acceptable).
If the application form is not completely filled out, or it is not legible, this may cause a delay in processing or the denial of visa.
2. Methods of Application and Processing Time
Walk-in Service. To apply for a visa, applicants can appear in person at the visa office of the Chinese Embassy, or designate a representative or travel agency to appear.
The regular processing time is four (4) business days. Applicant may request expedited processing, available only with the approval of the consular official accepting the application. Additional fees of NIS 150 for one (1) working day processing and NIS 100 for 2-3 working days processing will be charged.
The Chinese Embassy currently does not accept mail applications.
3. Visa Fee and Visa Validity
The Embassy does not accept personal checks. Please pay in cash.
The following visa fees are applicable to Israeli citizens
Number of Entry Validity Visa Fee (WALK-IN SERVICE)
Single 90 days NIS 100
* The holder of this type of visa is required by law to get residential registration within 30 days from the date of entry.
* Generally, a visa is valid for 90 days from the date of issue. To avoid delays in obtaining visas and unnecessary costs relating to rush service fees, please apply for your visa no earlier than three months or no later than thirty days before the planned date of departure to avoid expiration of the visa.
4. Special Notes
* Any person suffering from a mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS, venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other diseases shall not be allowed to enter China.
* The Validity of the Visa, Duration of Stay, and Number of Entries, are issued at the discretion of consular officers, whose decisions are based strictly on the laws and regulations of the Chinese Government. The consular officers have the authority to refuse any applications inconsistent with Chinese laws and regulations. The consular officers are entitled to change and/or revoke issued visas. They reserve the right to refuse any application and withhold disclosure of the reason for the refusal.